Monday, January 21, 2008

almost had a good story for NBC...

So I swam this morning, then went out for a ride (1:45 fairly easy w/ some hills), about 5 minutes in, I went to wipe something off my fork, and put my fingers right into my spokes (bladed spokes). Luckily I just caught the sides of my middle and ring finger, lots of blood, but nothing serious. I just signed up for IMAZ, and it has that section that asks you if you overcame any hardships/etc.. to get to the race...I thought it would be pretty funny to call up NAS, "yeah, so I lost 2 fingers while training for Ironman" NBC would have LOVED that....alas, it was only a flesh wound.

So on the ride, It was just a great day, and I was feeling really good... I was kinda jokingly complaining about the weather earlier, but really, everything's been awesome, great training, the NTC is really a great place to train.

"I'm always on the road, and I drive rental cars. Sometimes I don't know what's going on with the car, and I'll drive for ten miles with the emergency brake on. That doesn't say a lot for me, but it doesn't say a lot for the emergency brake. "
Mitch Hedberg

No comments: