Sunday, April 13, 2008

uhh... that was tough

so just a quick post, for anyone wondering.  I blew, early...It was just really hot, really windy, I was completely flat, I tried to work hard on the bike, passed some guys, tried to put myself in the mix, and really paid for it, spend most of the ride holding my side, dry heaving, and on the arm rests, as it was killing my side to be in the aerobars.  I didn't finish, but it wasn't one of those, "things aren't great, I think I'll bag it"  I was just totally wasted, and honestly didn't have the ability to be out there any longer.

   No excuses, it was probably a bit of a tough "1st race back",  I went harder than I was really ready for.   Big BIG congrats and amazement at all the people in the race today.  I have a lot of respect for everyone out there, and was definitely humbled by the day, but will keep training, keep trying to get better, and be back (maybe not Arizona though).  It killed me to not finish in front of all my friends and family, definitely the hardest part, but it wasn't really much of a decision, just didn't have it.
   

3 comments:

David said...

I met you at Athletes lounge a while back...
Keep on training hard like you have been and don't let this one race disourage you. Good job man. What's your next race?

Athletes Lounge said...

Thanks man. I'm gonna get a few good weeks of training, then a couple of races in May. Not 100% sure of the exact schedule right now, but definitely want to keep getting out there. I think it takes a while to remember how hard the races are, and I'll make sure to remind myself as much as I can...it's a long season.

David said...

I can only imagine how hard an Ironman is. Your in great shape im sure, keep it up bro...And keep bloggin.